COVID 19 Update
As the pandemic moves on, all of us at Russell West Optometry continue to care greatly about our patients and community. We continue to practice procedures that prioritize keeping you and our team healthy and safe as we deliver eye care services to the Lindsay area.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING
The provincial mask mandate ended as of June 11th/2022. The provincial government and local health authorities have issued new guidelines/recommendations regarding mask wear.
Provincial health authorities have also mentioned updating guidelines for healthcare settings which as of this update, have not yet been shared.
One place wear mask wear is still required or strongly recommended is indoors among high risk populations. Russell West Optometry routinely provides eye care services to many people in these high risk populations.
Indoor, prolonged exposure time and close proximity are major risk factors in contracting COVID-19. This has not changed in any way.
Balancing all of this we have made the following decisions regarding mask wear in our clinic:
- Medical grade masks will be worn in eye examination rooms at all times. Medical eye services are performed at extremely close distances. This protects you, and the doctor.
- All team members will continue wearing masks when providing services to the public. This protects you, and the team.
- Masks can be removed when in isolation from others (further than 2metres), or as guided when receiving services in our Optical.
- If you do not have a medical grade mask, one will be provided.
- Our Optical services are fully open. Drop-in anytime during business hours, we are happy to help. If you find scheduling an appointment more convenient you can still do so. Please call 705.324.2612
- We are here for you. Please reach out. Space and time is at a premium but we will do our best to take care of you, or direct you to a spot that can if we are unable to.